Thursday, August 7, 2008

Helena Bonham Carter - Bad Again in Terminator

From a Helena Bonham Carter fan site -- by way of SciFi.com -- comes this:

from scifi.com, August 5, 2008

by Ian Spelling

Helena Bonham Carter, who just joined the cast of McG’s upcoming Terminator Salvation, confirmed to SCI FI Wire that she plays a villainous character in the SF prequel.

“I kind of play a baddie, definitely a baddie,” Bonham Carter said in an interview while promoting her new film, the comedy-drama Sixty Six. “I don’t know how much I’m allowed to say, but I’m a very bad person.”

Bonham Carter is a new addition to the cast of the film, which already includes Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Anton Yelchin and Bryce Dallas Howard.

Bonham Carter (Sweeney Todd) replaced Tilda Swinton at the 11th hour and will work a total of about 10 days on the film, which is currently in production in New Mexico.

“Tim [Burton] would have killed me if I hadn’t done it, because he’s such a Terminator fan,” Bonham Carter said, referring to her longtime partner and director on such films as Planet of the Apes. “I’ve been in big movies before, like Apes, and Fight Club was big in a different way, and Charlie [and the Chocolate Factory] and Sweeney Todd were big, but I’ve never been in this kind of big popcorn action movie, a male one, an action one.” Terminator Salvation opens May 22, 2009.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=58332


Zemanta Pixie

No comments: